This is the ultimate comfort food recipe! You won't believe the flavors! Made with Albanese's Finest Vodka Mascarpone sauce.
· ▢16 ounces Italian sausage crumbled or Bob Evans
· ▢3-4 cloves garlic minced
· ▢3 cups chicken broth
· ▢1 package cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
· ▢1 cup heavy/whipping cream
· ▢1 package refrigerated cheese tortellini
· ▢2-4 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
· ▢1 cup Albanese’s Finest Vodka Mascarpone sauce
· ▢4 oz Mascarpone cheese or crème cheese
· ▢1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
· ▢2 sticks celery finely diced
· ▢2 tablespoons flour
Tip: I use the kind of tortellini that's sold in the refrigerated section of grocery stores. You could definitely use frozen, just be mindful of cooking time (it may take a little longer to boil it). You could also use ravioli (even meat-filled ones), or plain pasta if you wish!
1. Take sausage and crumble it into a skillet (as it cooks). Cook it over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until it's browned. Drain the fat and leave the sausage in the pan.
2. Add onion and celery for 1-2 mins over medium heat
3. Add the garlic, chicken broth, flour, diced tomatoes, cream(s), Albanese’s Finest Vodka Mascarpone and tortellini. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tortellini is cooked and the sauce has reduced to your liking. Cooking the tortellini in the sauce helps thicken it (it releases starch).
4. Stir in the spinach and let it wilt. Season with salt & pepper as needed and serve with fresh parmesan sprinkled over top.